rug cleaning and maintenance plays an important role in preserving the new look of your rugs. There is difference in caring for machine made and handmade rugs. It is advisable to look at manufacturer’s care labels and follow their instructions or use professional rug cleaning service periodically.
· Place mats at your home entrances to diminish the dirt that reaches your rugs.
· Avoid walking with your shoes which will protect all your floor coverings.
· Rotate your rugs to spread the areas of heavy traffic.
· Avoid placing rugs on damp floors.
· You may use rug underlay to prevent colour transfer onto existing floor coverings and tripping.
· Regular vacuuming your rug is vital in rug care.
· Handmade Rugscan handle suction only type of vacuum.
· Shaggy Pile Rugsneed to be shaken in order to loosen and release any dirt and use tools on the lowest setting when vacuuming to minimise shedding.
· Machine Made Rugswith a cut pile should be vacuumed with cleaners that have beater bars which will enable the pile to stay upright and loosen any dirt in the base of the rug.
Occasionally, turn the rug with the pile down and vacuum the back of the rug with an upright cleaner with the beater bar set to low.
· Always blot a spill with a clean, absorbent white towel and do not rub as it will enlarge the area that is affected.
· Scrape up any excess with a blunt knife.
· Before cleaning the rug always test the cleaning solution on a less conspicuous area to avoid damage to fibre. Cleaning products containing bleach can damage the rug pile.
· Finally, brush the pile of the damaged area in the same direction as the rest of the rug is.
For our take away rug cleaning service, please enquire on 02088309787.